Medical practitioners are one of the busiest professionals. They need to maximize their time to accomplish all the things on their list such as meeting with patients, seeing their progress, and making follow up visits. They also need to do some documentations, answer emails and phone calls from other patients as well as manage their calendar. They are stretched thin. The high workload could impact the quality and outcomes of healthcare delivery. Providing assessments and treatments wouldn’t be nearly as easy without an extra set of hands of a virtual medical assistant.
Physicians have been using virtual medical assistant services to free up some of their time. This has helped them see more patients efficiently. With the help of a virtual medical assistant, they’re able to manage the intricacies of patient care and practice management.
Based on research, in order to grow your client’s trust and loyalty, one should focus on giving them satisfaction. Client satisfaction can be relative, but one thing is constant — giving time and attention to your clients makes them feel valued. A patient is a client to a physician. Talking with them and caring for them are one of the few steps in building effective relationships and results in improved patient-focused care. With this, a medical virtual assistant is of great help to physicians.
For you to know the tasks to outsource to a medical virtual assistant, here’s a list to guide you:
- Reception (e.g. patient scheduling, inbound and outbound calls)
- New patient intake
- Medication/prescription refill
- EMR management
- EMR migration
- Fax management
- Telemedicine support (e.g. patient tech screening, setup and orientation)
- IT telemedicine support
- Prior authorization
- Coding and billing
- Insurance claim processing
- Remote Patient Monitoring support
- CCM – Chronic Care Management
- Care coordination
- DME Request ( Durable Medical Equipment)
- Surgery tracking
There are a lot of things that you can outsource to a virtual assistant. Their responsibilities can be tailored to your practice needs. Having them around will relieve you from the burden and long hours of administrative tasks.
If you think you need some extra hands to eliminate monotonous tasks that fall outside your area of expertise, a virtual medical assistant is the right person to call. Make the best of your skills to provide patient care.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- How Virtual Medical Assistants Can Gradually Reshape Healthcare - November 12, 2014
- Virtual Medical Assistants: The Future of an Interactive Health Care? - October 23, 2014
- Job Hazards: Are there Health Risks in Being a Virtual Medical Assistant? - March 21, 2014